One of my January goals was to make pillows for my bed.
My biggest hurdle for this project was the fact that I knew I had to change the sewing machine needle before I started this project. Sounds easy but to someone who had never attempted to change the needle I was terrified. I didn’t even look at the manual because I just knew it would be difficult. I bought the fabric to make these pillows way back in September so that was a lot of stalling on my part.
But guess what?
It was easy. I’m talking 10 seconds easy.
So here’s the final look…
In case you don’t know, I’m married to a Canadian and there’s quite a bit of “eh” going on around here. I kept asking him, “Doesn’t it need an exclamation point or a question mark?” My husband insisted it wasn’t necessary since, “We use eh for everything.”
Here’s the run down of the pillows:
3 Large Pillows- Annie Selke Fabric – Seema/Oxford Ivory/Raspberry
(Our bedroom wall is the same light blue/gray in these pillows)
2 white pillows – I bought two king pillowcases – I put them on our wimpy standard pillows and wrapped the remaining fabric in the back – I will need to get the proper king sized pillows for these someday.
2 Pink Swirl Pillows – Annie Selke Fabric – Scramble Raspberry
1 “Love, eh” Burlap Pillow – burlap on front, Annie Selke on the back
I first taped off a section on the burlap and drew my words on with a sharpie.
Next, I went over my letters with black fabric paint.
After humming and hawing for awhile about the next step, I took the extra tape pieces off the sides – in other words, I made a rectangle of tape but didn’t take a picture.
I now had a perfect rectangle shape to follow when I free handed a rectangle with my white embroidery thread. I double the thread so it would be thicker throughout.
Here’s a fuzzy shot of the embroidery thread.
And the final products once again.
Now onto the bedroom lamps!