When looking around blog world I noticed many handmade Valentine’s. I especially liked the idea I found on Cupcakes Kisses n ‘Crumbs and thought my boys would too.
Steps we took to make Valentine Moustaches:
1) Alex found a mustache shape he liked on the Silhouette machine. We played with the size until he was satisfied with “the look.” The machine then cut out 50 moustaches from black card stock.
2) Next I took paint pens and wrote “Happy (Heart) Day!” Alex then wrote his name.
3) Buy a ridiculously huge bag of Dum Dum lollipops since it’s the only bag at Walmart. I’m talking 300 Dum Dums people. I’ll have these for the next two Halloweens. Well, at least till the beginning of March.
4) The tricky part was getting just the right size hold to place our lollipop in. We made the hole by using an awl.
5) We then simply slid the lollipop on.
Here’s a look at the finished project. Not the best photo. It was bedtime and I thought this was good enough at the time. Probably should have been patient for another photo.The boys were thrilled with the lollipop moustaches and can’t wait to give them to their friends.
Do you have any Valentine’s Day creations or plans?