Due to a rather unfortunate stomach bug that hit our family last year I needed to invest in a new bathroom rug.
I did not want to spend a lot of money because inevitably there will be another bug that will cause several of us to lay on the floor unable to muster the strength required to walk to the bed. Instead we will spend hours on the floor with our pillow and blankets moaning and groaning.
Therefore, we needed a new rug. (Plus the tile gets so darn cold and slippery).
My family and I were wandering the Habitat store one day when I stumbled upon carpet squares for $1.99. We searched through piles and piles of squares to find just the right ones with the pattern I wanted and the quality my husband wanted.
We found 8 tiles that were good so we went home, placed them in a corner of our bedroom, and left them there for 8 months.
I kid you not. That’s sort of our MO around here.
Finally one day we dragged them into the bathroom and started the incredibly tedious and time consuming project of taping them together.
I think it took 15 minutes.
We chose to alternate the carpet squares so that the pattern would be a little more interesting than just straight lines.
A new 4 ft x 8 ft carpet in the bathroom.
I still need to add some glue strips, using a glue run, to the bottom to keep the carpet from moving around.
I’m aiming for 2016 to complete that project.