In an attempt to lower our monthly grocery bill, I have frozen a few extra meals in order have them ready to go on days I don’t feel like cooking.
One of my favorite meals for freezing is Lasagna Roll Ups. I got this recipe from a Contadina cook book a long time ago.
1) In large skillet, crumble sausage and cook. Add onion and garlic. Cook until no longer pink. Drain.
2) Stir tomato paste, water, oregano, and basil in sausage mixture. Bring to a boil.
3) Reduce heat to simmer.
4) In medium blow, beat egg lightly. Add spinach, ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
5) Spread about 1/2 cup cheese mixture onto each noodle. Roll the noodle up and place seam down in baking dish.
6) Pour sauce over the rolls; top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
7) Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes or until heated through.
*Due to printer issues the laundry room printables are not quite ready – hoping the printing issues are solved by next week*