Fun with Rolls

The last week of summer vacation was a little bit of a challenge in our family.

Everyone had been around each other just a little too long.

Arguements errupted for no reason, whining occurred at record amounts, and my patience was shot.

I knew I needed a project for the boys to work on so I scowered my house for ideas.

When I came across these fabric tubes in my guest room I was inspired.

Presenting..the Two Story Challenge

Using these tubes, get your hot wheels cars downstairs without using the steps.

And no, you may not throw your cars down.

After removing the fabric from the rolls, they got right to work.

A simple design was developed and executed using lots of duck tape

3…2…1….Go!

The tubes were taken apart at one point due to the two year stuffing objects at the top

Towels were placed at the bottom of the chute in order to protect the floor

A few hours into the challenge the basket was added

The basket was a necessary component to rest their weary legs

Eventually the picture was removed for fear of car and basket damage

If we ever need to get water from a well my kids are ready

This entertained my kids for three days! Obviously there were interuptions due to meals,  trips to the pool, and sports practices but listen to me when I say THREE DAYS!

There was even talk of adding a loop next time.

Go beg, borrow, or steal some fabric tubes from your local fabric store!

This entry was posted in activities, Alex, Andrew, bargains, caroline, crafts, furniture, games, paper craft, science. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Fun with Rolls

1. christina says:

omg this is SOOOO awesome looking. WHAT FUN! i’m totally pinning this post! ;)

2. Mindy says:

That is so awesome!!! My kids would most definitely spend three days with that. If only we had a staircase. lol

3. Allison A says:

That’s Such an awesome idea! I know my boys would Love that!

4. Jess says:

…and find some stairs! We have none IN our apartment (there are some stairs out the back, still indoors, in case of fire, and in case your furniture doesn’t fit in the elevator when you’re moving!). We do have a balcony and we’re on the third floor – hmmmm…. more fabric tubes would be necessary. That does look like a good time!

5. Ryan Becker says:

Amazing Jen, i cant believe they were entertained for three days with it

6. Alexis says:

I love how you got your kids to work together to help them stop fighting! What a great idea! Very creative.

7. Rhonda Hunter says:

I would have come over and played with them! I always played with my friend’s brother’s hot wheel track with the big looptyloop when I would go to her house. No wonder I like driving so much!

8. Corinna says:

What a great and brave idea! Good call on the towels to protect the hardwood, and I’m sure they had a fantastic day day at home :)

9. Maureen says:

How fun!

Found your fabulous blog on Lone Star Ladies! :) TX represent

10. I need to find some fabric tubes! Love your pictures!

11. I think my favorite part was the basket used to pull the cars back up the stairs. Very smart!!!

WM

12. Dianne says:

This looks like so much fun! I love that they added the basket – smart thinking.

13. Rachel says:

You are the COOLEST Mom Ever!! I totally want to come over and play at your house!

14. Pat Becker says:

It reminds me of the hours you and Colette would spend building the domino track. Then you would drop the ball and it was all over in 60 seconds. And then you would build it again….mom

15. Britney says:

Genius, and super fun! I love how your family plays! Awesome. Thanks for sharing it with us at our Link Up party :)
    Britney

16. Melanie says:

Thanks for linking to Things I’ve Done Thursday! Love your project!

Come back on Thursday for more fun!! :)

Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

17. Beckie says:

Oh my gosh that is a GREAT IDEA! my kids would die for this. And I have three already! i am so doing this!!!

18. Toni says:

The heck with the kids, this seems like something my architect husband would do! (though he would probably want to build a lego support system ; ) Looks like that had a great time!

19. Wow, that is amazing! My children would absolutely love that! What a fabulous idea.

Thank you so much for linking up to Fun Sparks.

x