Here’s a fun art project I discovered when cruising around the web…Glue & Salt Painting!
Here are the directions:
1. Make an interesting design with some glue on your paper – we went abstract but you could easily makes a butterfly, house, car, fish, etc.
2) Generously pour salt over the glue.
3. Shake off the excess salt carefully.
4. Use watercolors to paint the salt. The more liquid the paint the better.
5. The salt will just absorb the paint right up.
6. Have fun!
I even got in on the art action with my creation below.
My younger two and I had a really nice time painting on a rainy day. We sat at the table for about an hour making several pieces a piece. We listened to Radio Disney while we painted and just talked about all sorts of topics.
I could have used the time to clean the dishes or fold some laundry but I’m really glad I just sat and spent some time with my kids.
*Sidenote – this is art that will be thrown away after a day since the salt makes it virtually impossible to hang up*