This is the bathroom that took 3 years to complete – did we do any major repairs? did we take out the tub and sink? Did we redo the floor?
No. No. And no.
We painted, hung a shelf, and made some art.
3 years people. 3 years.
It’s totally my fault, I hit a wall on the project so it just stopped.
Let me explain.
When we started this project my daughter was three and wanted a Little Mermaid themed bathroom. I knew she would quickly grow out of that so I decided on a whimsy ocean theme.
The plan was to make stripes on the back wall alternating between white and light blue.
My sweet husband worked on this for a couple of days.
As the painting was wrapping up I was laying out random frames we had – soon after I spray painted them bright yellow.
I used light weight denim material and covered pieces of cardboard which were the sizes of the frames.
I found some walls decals on etsy and just printed out the pictures from the listing to create an outline of the sea creature I wanted to use.
I completed almost all of the art when I came across a problem with the turtle art above – this was the only piece where I used the actual back of the frame to glue the denim to and now the art would not fit back into the frame. I did not have any left over denim fabric since it was left over from another project.
So the project stalled.
For two years.
The stripes stayed and the wall art sat on my bedroom floor.
And there it sat until Christmas time this year and I wanted to get this project -DONE. I ended up tossing the turtle art and not using him and my husband sanded down the wall and we just put a coat of white paint on the wall. The art wall is white while all the other walls are light blue.
Here’s the final product. I love it.
Some of the pieces received a little yellow bow.
Next time, I’ll show you how we (read: my husband) made this mermaid shelving unit.
And to my husband – Thank you for everything you did to make this bathroom so special for our daughter!