My husband just returned last night after being away for almost 2 weeks on a business trip to Japan.
(He had to go train people in a computer program. No one in Japan has the technical knowledge to do this training? I think he really just went for the Okonomiyaki and Ramen. Love you dear!)
Regardless, we are all very glad to have him home.
Each day I emailed him a little synopsis of our day so I thought I would share days 1, 2, and 3 with you.
- Roughly 5 hours after you left…
- Caroline woke up with a fever
- toaster oven handle broke totally at breakfast
- garage door suddenly not working correctly so we are now walking the bikes through the house
- filled Caroline up with Advil and she went to school
- swam 1400 until got kicked out of lane
- picked up Sophie and the vet informed me that she needs to have her ears washed out and medicine put in everyday for the next 14 days – I will let you guess who will be doing the last 2 days of treatment
- music class – made $20 selling cards towards adoption
- dinner at Cici’s
- basketball – Andrew’s head coach is weird, like straight from the chimps looking weird, Andrew thought he was fine
- Andrew swims then Alex swims
- Smuggle Caroline into girls locker room where I give her a shower and ignore the mean looks from the cleaning lady who is doing no cleaning
- Drive home while Andrew & Caroline watch Tom & Jerry Nutcracker in car
- Alex is dropped off by Sheryl from practice
- went to bed at 1:00 am
- Caroline still had fever, went to school, would not hear of not going
- swam 2100 – didn’t get kicked out – tired
- pick up Caroline and she has a constant cough
- Alex goes early and stays late to work on project
- piano lesson
- drive thru mac n cheese & cornbread for boys for dinner, Caroline thinks I’m poisoning her with said bread
- drop Andrew off at boy scouts with Bryce
- drive Alex to soccer practice (Laura brings him to indoor game after practice)
- go back to Boy Scouts
- Andrew has to bring a collection of 10 of something to next meeting – he wants to bring 10 pencil leads – our kid is weird sometimes
- take little 2 home and shower them
- drive to indoor soccer game at 8:30 pm game where team is killed 9-0
- drive home & kids asleep by 10:15 – yikes!
- went to bed at 12! getting better
- fever still, doesn’t go to school, cough is too bad
- Drive Alex to school early
- Start cleaning out closet with Caroline – complete waste of time attempting that with her
- doctor’s appointment at 11:30 who says she has no idea what the cough is – if doesn’t go away by Friday will do chest xrays – decides to put her on liquid zpack
- go to target to pick up a few things before winter storm which is supposed to hit tomorrow night – $160 later we leave Target
- get Caroline lunch and medicine and start to heat lunch in microwave
- Caroline starts throwing up everything she had to eat that day
- Clean up puke – fun!
- Put Caroline in shower and eat lunch
- Andrew comes home and shows me his collection of pencil lead that he has had at school – Jessie is helping him collect the lead “I think she’s breaking her pencil lead on purpose. She gave me like three leads in three minutes.”
- Get lecture from nurse on phone about why Caroline needs to have her medicine & that if she doesn’t take it, she’ll have to come in for a shot
- I plead, I beg, I try and hide it, I literally sit on top of her, and yet no medicine goes in – it all comes out with spit and runs down her face
- I say, welcome shot!
- Pick up Alex from band rehearsals. He is so enthusiastic about the practice that I’m willing to bet that he will want 76 trombones played at his wedding.
- Eat chicken dinner, burn rice, eat leftover cornbread, and strawberries. I eat the corn. No one else acknowledges its existence.
- Everyone “helps” in giving Sophie her medicine. Basically Sophie got 3 treats and no medicine tonight. I don’t care. She can go deaf.
- Drive to swimming.
- Again shower Caroline in locker room.
- Drive home. I say no to Tom & Jerry. Caroline proceeds to harass me for next 15 minutes on why she can’t watch it. I win.
- Put younger to bed in our bed. You are going to have to kick Andrew out of your spot. He’s been loving sleeping there every night and says it’s so cozy. Have to reassure Andrew that Caroline will not throw up on him.
- Alex gets dropped off from swimming and takes worlds longest shower all while humming Christmas carols. He then eats last piece of pumpkin pie and 2 granola bars.
- Tuck Alex onto the sofa cushions in our room. We’re having quite the slumber party without you here.
- I eat tons of Halloween candy while sitting at the computer.
- Looks like it might be another 1 am night.
Love you and miss you – only 9 more nights till you come home!
Jennifer & the kids