One day as I was menu planning I decided to pull out a recipe book I had received at my sister’s wedding shower. Everyone who attended sent in a picture of them or my sister and her groom as well as a yummy recipe.
Since they just celebrated their 4th wedding anniversary I decided now was a great time to check out what was inside the recipe book.
I came across a recipe for Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken and decided to try it out.
My boys are ridiculously picky eaters, although truth be told they are coming around and trying new things. And guess what? They love this chicken! My son who once cried when chicken was brought to him in a restaurant ate 3 pieces the first time I made this. I’ve used this same recipe with thin pork chops and it’s great too.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large shallow dish combine butter with garlic, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce
- In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Dip chicken pieces in butter mixture and then shake in plastic bag, coating well.
- Arrange pieces in a large shallow baking dish.
- Bake for one hour.
I use about 4 cloves of garlic (because that’s how we roll), and usually cook it a little less than the suggested time.
Just to prove I am not a food blogger, here’s a sad picture of the chicken that I remembered to take about 30 minutes after we were finished eating.
Have you cooked anything yummy lately that you’d care to share?
Have a wonderful weekend!